Sunday, September 18, 2011

Return to form

Before I went to the Art Institute of Washington, before the Japanese animation, and before I even knew what Photoshop was, I would do nothing but work on Fine Art and Still Life’s.  Even receiving a couple of awards for some of the work I’ve done in high school using only a pencil and my thumb to blend and shade.  Fine art is what I fell in love with first as an artist, and is what I am most comfortable doing.  Seeing something and being able to break it down to just shadows and highlights is what I love to do.  So I wanted to post a recent picture I did of my daughter, for my wife's birthday present.  I plan on doing one a week so any tips or critiques please post them in the comments. 


Could have made it a little darker to get more of a dramatic contrast like the original photo


No comments:

Post a Comment